It may already exist August, but Selena Gomez and BLACKPINK's new song "Ice Cream" may surpass all the other bops for song of the summer. Not just does it accept a killer crush, just the lyrics are all nigh women knowing their worth and picking a partner who knows it too. BLACKPINK fans volition notice that the song has much more English in it than their usual tracks and Bekuh Blast, a rapper and producer who wrote the song with Victoria Monét and Ariana Grande, explained that we should expect more and more English in the grouping's songs moving forwards. She explained that it's "a great opportunity for the girls to show their talent and growth especially in language...In the future, they're going to keep to keep incorporating more English in their lyrics, where it makes sense."

Allow'south be honest, information technology won't be long until yous're jamming to "Water ice Cream" in the car with all your friends, merely, of course, you lot need to larn the lyrics first. Check out the lyrics below, provided by Genius, forth with some commentary from Bekuh on the underground meanings behind some of the best lines.

This content is imported from youTube. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or yous may be able to find more data, at their web site.

BLACKPINK - 'Ice Cream (with Selena Gomez)' Thou/V

Watch on

This is an image

Come a trivial closer 'cause y'all lookin' thirsty
I'ma make it amend, sip it like a Slurpee
Snow cone chilly, get it gratis like Willy (Oh)
In the jeans like Billie, you exist poppin' like a wheelie

Bekuh explained that this outset poetry was inspired by 90s rap icons that "take a comedic element to them or go into grapheme well" like Busta Rhymes, Missy Elliot, and Ludacris. She said that "snow cone chilly" references jewelry, "being 'coldhearted,' and just having that 'icy cool' demeanor." She besides references the 1993 film, Gratuitous Willy as well a Michael Jackson'due south hit song, "Billie Jean."

Even in the sunday, you know I go along information technology icy
Yous could take a lick, but information technology'south besides cold to seize with teeth me (Haha)
Brr, brr, frozen, you're the 1 been chosen
Play the function like Moses, go on it fresh like roses (Oh)

In the line about Moses, Bekuh is proverb "I'm gonna need you to acme that if you're my man." She explained, "That is the standard. If y'all can't part a body of water… then yous can't party with me."

And while "keep it fresh like roses" seems like a pretty straightforward line, Bekuh explained that information technology likewise means that her guy should go along things interesting in the human relationship. "Don't get tiresome, buy me roses, surprise me. All that," she said.

Look so good, yeah, look and so sugariness (Hey)
Lookin' skilful, enough to consume

Bekuh wants people "to sing-scream the lyrics while you pretend you're shooting a music video in your car or bathroom" and I think she succeeded.

Coldest with the kiss, and so he call me ice foam Catch me in the fridge, correct where the ice exist
Look then good, yes, wait so sweetness (Hey)
Baby, yous deserve a treat
Diamonds on my wrist, then he call me ice cream
You could double-dip 'cause I know you similar me

Ice cream chillin', chillin', water ice cream chillin'
Water ice cream chillin', chillin', water ice foam chillin'

I know that my middle can be and so common cold
But I'chiliad sugariness for you, come put me in a cone (In a cone)
Yous're the merely touch, yeah, that get me meltin'
He's my favorite flavor, always gonna option him
You're the red piece, just stay on top of me, and then
I can't come across nobody else for me, no
Go information technology, flip information technology, scoop it, practise it like that, oh yeah, oh yeah
Like it, love information technology, lick information technology, do it like la-la-la, oh yeah

If these final two lines sound familiar, you've probably been to Cold Rock Creamery lately. Yup, these lyrics are referencing their iconic sizes of "Similar It," "Honey It," and "Gotta Have It." Bekuh explained they likewise "'flip it and scoop' candies into the water ice cream."

Await so good, yeah, look and so sugariness (Hey)
Lookin' practiced, plenty to eat
Coldest with the kiss, and so he call me ice foam
Catch me in the refrigerator, right where the ice be
Look so practiced, yeah, look so sweetness (Hey)
Baby, you deserve a treat
Diamonds on my wrist, so he call me ice foam
You could double-dip 'cause I know you lot similar me

Ice cream chillin', chillin', ice cream chillin'
Ice cream chillin', chillin', ice cream chillin'
Water ice cream chillin', chillin', water ice cream chillin'
Ice cream chillin', chillin', ice foam

Chillin' like a villain, yeah, I ra-ra-ra
미친 미친듯한 속도 in my La Ferra'
너무 빨러 너는 삐끗 원한다면 그냥 지름
Millis, billis 매일 벌음 한여름 손목에 얼음
Keep it movin' similar my lease up
Recall you wing, male child, where your visa?
Mona Lisa kinda Lisa
Needs an ice foam man that treats her
Keep it movin' similar my charter up
Think yous wing, boy, where your visa?
Mona Lisa kinda Lisa
Needs an water ice cream man that treats her (Hey)

Since Lisa is the one rapping this verse, Bekuh was so excited near the Mona Lisa line. "I think it speaks specifically to her originality and uniqueness but likewise as a fan singing information technology to yourself only feeling like you are a work of art and need a man that sees that and treats yous that way," she explained. "Fifty-fifty if your name isn't Lisa you are your own Mona Lisa. At that place volition never be another. I recollect it'southward important women view themselves in that way."

Na, na-na-na-na
Na, na-na-na-na (Hey)
Ice on my wrist, yes, I like it similar this
Become the pocketbook with the cream
If you know what I mean
Water ice cream, water ice cream, ice cream chillin'
Na, na-na-na-na
Na, na-na-na-na (Hey)
Ice on my wrist, yeah, I similar information technology like this
And I'thou nice with the cream
If y'all know what I hateful
Ice cream, ice cream
Ice cream

Follow Carolyn on Instagram .